Adopting self-service business tools plays a crucial role in solving the burning issue of delivering Omni-channel CX at a pace which customer wants. This blog post concentrates on presenting a single solution for retailers to start delivering Omni-channel experience using such tools.
A single and integrated solution can help retailers deliver contextual experience rapidly, cut costs, and increase operational efficiency.
Before reimagining and integrating a new solution stack, retailers should chalk out a strategy and orchestrate business processes around three key elements:
# 1 – Set goals and KPIs to measure customers’ shopping intents.
Customers’ needs and shopping habits change frequently. They can shop from any touchpoint. They look for different products at different times based on their sentiments and requirements.
As a result, a massive amount of unstructured and heterogeneous customer interaction data is generated every day. Understanding customers’ shopping intents from this large data set definitely requires reimagining the core analytics engine, but what’s more important is to prepare a set of goals and KPIs keeping business goals in mind.
These KPIs determine the key pointers to interpret data and individualize experiences. Business staff can perform customer profiling, segmentation accurately to run focused campaign marketing efforts.
# 2 – Deliver personalized offerings to customers at the right time and on the right platform
To remain competitive, retailers must have strategies and systems in place to deliver contextual content and offerings at the right time and on the right platform. Retailers must decide appropriate channels, timings, price matrix, and discounts based on each customer group to maximize ROI.
# 3 – Deliver contextual service to complete the customer delight lifecycle
Building a loyal customer base depends on delivering contextual customer service. Interpreting customer’s intentions before a call helps staff deliver contextual service resolution. It plays a key role in increasing customer satisfaction percentage and operational efficiency.
After considering these important key elements in the Omni-channel business process management strategy, retailers will have a clear-cut view of the expected output. Next, they must finalize a solution stack which can help execute customer experience strategies effectively with simple-to-use intuitive tools.
The Solution: SAP Hybris Commerce Address These Three Key Elements With Self-Service Business Tools
SAP Hybris Commerce is a real-time, full-stack commerce platform preconfigured with self-service business tools to manage end-to-end Omni-channel Customer Engagement, Personalization, and Service.
With SAP Hybris Commerce, organizations can save time and money in manual integrations and run a centralized and agile Omni-channel Digital Operations.
The solution has a powerful digital analytics engine which creates an integrated 360-view customer profile view from millions of data points. For personalization, staff can use SmartEdit module to personalize banners, carousel, offers, and discounts on-the-fly for target customer groups.
Customer support agents can log on to a service module known as ASM cockpit (Assisted Service Module) to take calls and access customer’s journey instantly for delivering contextual service.
Let’s discuss the Hybris solution in detail:
# 1 – 360-degree Customer Profile
SAP Hybris Commerce provides quick, accurate, and integrated visibility of every customer’s shopping habits.
Discovering customer’s age, posted product reviews, social media footprints, percentage of footprints on each device, and current cart status through SAP Hybris 360-degree customer view helps staff determine shopping needs and requirements for each customer.
Figure 1 – Customer 360 degree View
Depending upon the requirement, staff can sort and filter the unified view by factors like demographics, channel, and age group.
With more visibility at hand, the process of segmenting and creating target customers groups is faster. Staff can easily create micro marketing campaigns for specific target customer groups and more.
# 2 – Design Contextual Experiences
SAP Hybris Commerce has a simple-to-use, device-agnostic, lightweight, and intuitive web content management system known as SmartEdit to personalize content. It has a self-service UI environment consisting of following features:
- Site Management – Manage multiple responsive websites with versions and edit content contextually.
- Component Management – Drag-and-drop data items (links, rotating images, simple banners, dynamic banners, navigation bars, product carousels, and customized components) with functionality to edit layout on-the-fly.
- Full Customization – Facility to select the site version, add text or other components, and customize offers for customers. Manage personalized merchandising offerings catering to the individual customers or set of customers (targeted customer segment) considering many factors like time of day, weather, availability, promotions, competitor’s promotions, press reviews, and social propensity etc.
- Merchandising Mix Adjustments – Apart from delivering contextual offerings, SAP Hybris SmartEdit provides an additional feature to adjust merchandising mix factoring internal and external elements (like product affinity, automatic product recommendations, and other metrics)
- Hot Product Scheduler – Staff can create a schedule of hot products by synchronizing merchandising with the promotional calendar to drive more conversions.
- Rule Manager – Through this module, staff user can build complex promotion rules on-the-fly by combining conditions with a desired output (Example – If cart total >=$100 and customer is part of a VIP group, then show 10% discount during checkout)
- Preview and Sync – Option to preview data and synchronize catalog with the core ERP systems (to reduce data redundancy).
- Advanced Preview – Capabilities to view the site(s) from customer/device perspective.
- Quick Localization – Ready-to-deploy multi and microsite templates for accelerated localization or internalization
- Manage Product Results – Staff can add personalization rules to the product component slots for managing dynamic product results after viewing the best-selling product trends.
- Coupon Manager – Facility to build, create and manage multi-code coupons. The coupon can later be used as a condition to trigger promotional actions like discounts or free gifts.
Figure 2 – Adding Components On-The-Fly
# 3 – Deliver Contextual Service
The ASM component (Assisted Service Module) allows sales and service staff to provide real-time support using the 360-degree customer view including storefront view. Irrespective of the channel, staff can checkout on behalf of a customer without any technical knowledge. There are further add-on self-service features like viewing buying preferences, checking product recommendations and up-sell/cross-sell propositions which helps staff deliver omni-channel and contextual customer service support with maximum satisfaction rate.
Figure 3 – Assisted Service Module (SAP Hybris Commerce)
SAP Hybris Commerce has released SAP JAM communities to help brands deliver real-time product and service information to customers. The business staff can also take valuable advice from the industry leaders connected within the JAM communities. Staff can answer questions to instill buying confidence in customers and drive purchases.
With many new customer touchpoints rising in popularity, businesses should invest in a digital commerce technology stack which is flexible, adaptable, robust, secure, and can easily accept new integrations without posing any significant challenges.
At one end, SAP Hybris Commerce is a generic industry solution which can be modified and tailored as per business requirements and future trends. On the other end, as discussed above, business staff receives complete control to individualize customer experience with self-service tools present in the system.
To accelerate time-to-market, SAP has a concrete plan of introducing a suite of plug-n-play, ready-to-deploy, and preconfigured industry-wise accelerators customized to the unique business models, offerings and challenges for a wide range of industries in Hybris Commerce. Retail Businesses can go-live in as few as 50 days with these accelerators.
The accelerators are already available for a wide range of industries including Telco, Financial Services, Utilities, Travel, and Citizen Engagement. More are expected to come soon in near future.
The SAP Hybris Commerce Suite is available in both cloud and on-premises version and seamlessly work with SAP HANA and other relational databases.
The Forrester Wave™ report indicates its supremacy (the solution was rated 4.8 for best customer-facing solution). It continues to be a popular commerce solution because of its stability, vertical industry solution focus, presence of self-service tools, and large global implementation/support partner network.
Want To Learn More? Contact Us Today!